History of Nehemeiah Bible Institute
NBI was established in 1988 by Bible Media. Its theological education has an African foundation and the courses run at grassroots level which has been translated into ten different languages. Over the years NBI has built partnerships to provide theological training to a spectrum of over twelve countries in Southern Africa, India and Pakistan. Since its inception, NBI has played an instrumental role in empowering church leaders and pastors in African Independent Churches.
History of Prison Ministry
The Prison Ministry has been in existence since 1986. The first bible ministry course was incepted in 1971. Over the years NBI-Biblecor have been involved with ± 228 prisons nationwide and send ±10 000 free courses annually to prisons throughout South Africa via correspondence. The ministry also has a faithful support basis, namely athletes for Christ of Stellenbosch who have now supported the ministry for nearly 38 years by running through every year of town and village to raise funds, specifically for this ministry. There are currently 27 courses, most of which are available in 8 different languages. The prison ministry has also provided a pastoral care counselling service via correspondence to prisoners through the years.
NBI Regional representatives
Rev Koos Kriel (Mpumalanga)
Pastor Selbie Nhlanhla Goqo (KwaZulu-Natal)
Pastor Edward Ndebele (Free State)
• Living churches with spiritually competent leaders serving the coming of God’s Kingdom in their communities and the world.
• To help church leaders develop their leadership and ministry skills as servants of God through a distance learning program based on the Bible.
• The learning program is based on the Bible
• Leaders and members of all churches are welcome!
• Designed for the African context
• Helping church leaders who have never had the opportunity to study
• Meeting the practical needs of church workers
• Emphasis on practical skills for church leadership and ministry
• Suitable for personal spiritual enrichment, but designed to empower for church work
• NBI is actually a division of Bible Media. As such we enjoy the privilege of using Bible Media’s extensive infrastructure without having to pay for all the services. This includes offices, telephone and internet services, equipment, personnel and facilities for marketing, printing and distribution.
• Bible Media also provides financial support, making it possible for NBI to be one of the most affordable options for theological training in South Africa.
• Link to Bible Media website: www.biblemedia.org.za